Monday 12 October 2020

First Day of School





I am so INCREDIBLY happy that my kids are in school in person!!!  Hallelujah!!!!!  Our school district actually gained about 50 new students because people moved here to have their kids in school and not online.  If they would have been in online school, I would have taken them out and homeschooled them. And that would have been my sanity out the window.  1 out of 10 kids in the US are homeschooled right now.  Covid-19 has created some weird things.    



The boys have been riding their bikes to school, and I went with them the first week.  There's a fun little trail that we can take.  Efraim insists on wearing a mask like his brothers.  Ha. Ha.  Also I bought helmets for my boys after no less than 5 people told me they saw us riding our bikes to school and I felt guilt/pressured into having good safety habits.  Sigh.  They look pretty cute all riding to school though.  Albeit we've had an incident where Jubal's chain broke and he was left behind by his own brothers and another 5th grader  (Will?) came and fixed it for him.  And then Nicolas's chain broke and he just sat on the corner and cried till a lady (Knox's mom?) drove him home.  Also he had a flat tire once.  I think it's teaching independence, right?  Ummmm.....hopefully.  






 

No comments: