Thursday 14 November 2019

The Rest of October

October in a nutshell:  

Cabinets came to our house and then countertops YAY!!!!


And they patched the walls.  

And they started working on the deck and front porch.  
Efraim made messes.
Danica got married and Ana was a bridesmaid. She flew up and spent a day in Orem hanging out with friends from Katy.  And then we went to Grandma's the day after the wedding.  And my official job is now to sew any last minute things before a wedding--I sewed a couple bridesmaids into their dresses.  





Occasionally I made yummy food.


I dyed some fabric for my Mt. Everest dress.  I think this was September actually.  Anyway, I tried to be all scientific and did 8 test samples and in the end I dumped in a little of this and a little of that, just like I cook.

I spent tons of time painting all of October. I painted our climbing wall.
  

And then so MUCH Ikea stuff.  I was using a paint sprayer for the first time, and I used the wrong nozzle and so I had to pretty much sand down all the first coat of primer. It was awful.  So I sanded the Ikea stuff down and then primed it, and then I killed it and had to sand down a ton, and then I painted on three coats of cabinet paint.  
Meanwhile I was studying like mad for the NClex. Painting and studying pretty much was my life in October.
Jubal had a tooth pulled.
Elena's a sweetheart.
Jubal's face when I suggested he do his chore before school. 



I love my boys!!!
I also watched Navy for a week and a half.  She was a doll and my kids loved having her visit.  And Kayli was awesome and watched Efraim for me the week before I took the NClex.  After I took it on Friday, I picked him up and he promptly threw up all over his carseat and himself, so then I stopped at Mom's and gave him a bath.
  
I thought for sure I failed the Nclex and I bawled and ate chocolate and went and talked to Andrea.  But then that night, I got this! I was shocked!!!! I kept telling Leo they made a mistake, but I passed!!!!

No comments: