Wednesday 9 February 2011

Life so far this February

First off, my first finished project from finishing school (my sewing class). Yes, it is a very, very BASIC apron. But I did take the beginning class, and it definitely is a beginner project. And I could use another apron. Today in class, I finished this, replaced a zipper in one of my favorite red dresses, and learned to make a buttonhole!!! I'm super excited about that as now I can finish my skirt that I made 2 yrs ago at Kayli's house in Indiana, which is missing a button and buttonhole. I've been wearing it to church done up with a safety pin.
This is my crazy Isabel licking the chocolate ganache icing off the counter. (I spilled it everywhere.)Silly girls. But I don't blame them--it was delicious! Leo's choice for our Family Home Evening treat--double layer dark chocolate cake (very rich and dense) with dark chocolate ganache icing. It was supposed to have a strawberry filling, but Leo nixed that idea. I think I would have liked it, it might have broken up the richness of the cake.Sebastian just being cute.
Oh, I love that boy!!! He's taking two and three steps at a time now. He also just learned, "No."
This is my grapefruit thief. Nobody usually eats the grapefruit except for me--and I liked it that way--but now Elena says her favorite fruit is grapefruit and wants to eat it all the time. Ruff.
I also bought a big bag a pistachios at Sam's club and Isabel and Elena eat them like crazy. They push the chair over to the cupboard to sneak into them. Isabel took a handful of them in her purse to storytime at the library today. Funny girl.
This is Ana's crazy face. She said for everyone to make a face, but the other girls weren't listening.
I curled their hair on Saturday night and for the first time ever Elena didn't pull hers all out. And her hair looked soooo cute!! Rather 60's-ish. Ana left hers in ringlets which was adorable as well.
It looked way better with the headband and big huge flower, but you get the idea.
Poor child who inherited my hair. But cute that day!


In other news, Ana received a "Superior" rating at the National Federation Junior Music Festival. Her piano pieces were fabulous! And that's it for this week.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Way to go, Ana!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kami, love the apron. I was actually planning on begging Beckie to make Miriam and me matching aprons for when I introduce the cooking adult skills class when she turns 8. Maybe I'll have you do it instead. Hmm. I want them a little fancier than yours, however.

I love having a personal seamstress!! Did you call the fabric store about the fabric I chose? When am I visiting you to buy fabric?

PS Beckie came by today to take the kids on an outing and she loved your paper thingys. The decorating woman herself. You should be proud. I can't wait for you to see Baby's room. It is probably the prettiest room I've ever had in my abode.

Lynn said...

Love the apron!

And I am drooling over your description of the chocolate cake with ganache icing. Recipe please?? ; D

Your kids are growing up so fast. They change every time you post pictures of them, it seems. Seriously.