Wednesday 2 February 2011

A Palaverous Post

First of all, my grand, marvelous announcement: I'm going to finishing school!!!! Yeah!!!!! Actually, I'm taking adult sewing classes at a finishing school for girls (they teach sewing and cooking classes for girls 6-18, with a few adult sewing classes on the side). I am so excited. This is fabulous. Beyond fabulous. I am practically floating. First class tomorrow, wish me luck. This is a tortoise. Leo's mom had a pet Galapagos tortoise when she was a kid. Cool, eh?
This is us freezing at the Phoenix Zoo. Notice Sebastian asleep. I realized that I had never posted pictures of our frigid visit there.
So I am now.I don't know how Ana managed it with capris on.

Those rhinos were ramming into each other. They gathered quite a crowd. Maybe five people besides us. The zoo was deserted. Did I mention how cold it was that day? We actually saw snow (granted it didn't last) while we were driving there.

I like this guy's ears. I need a pair of those, I'm deaf I tell ya. Now moving on....
One day I let my kids play with my old dolls. Yes, I still have a couple. And then I found this. I'd completely forgotten about it. I made this Native American outfit when I was in 6th grade.
I made it from a shoe I took apart.
I even made moccasins. See, I was destined to be a seamstress. And costume maker. Good thing I'm taking sewing lessons.
And this is the other barbie I kept from when I was in 2nd grade. Yes, it was in perfect condition. Then I let my kids play with it and now it is destroyed. Literally. Ana was perplexed by her outfit. I tried to explain that the doll would have looked perfect for that era; think Full House, Blossom, Clarissa Explains It All, and of course, Boy Meets World. She didn't really believe me. (I had a shirt just like the one on the boy on the far right when I was a kid. Yeah, dolphins. I also had one just like the boy on the far left. What does that say about me?)
Also on the subject of television shows. I watched this show quite a bit in Arizona.And this one too. Frankly, they both stink in comparison to......
Really, I think they're both knock-offs of Antique Roadshow, only they try to add drama to it, but the people really aren't actors and you can tell it's scripted. Lame sauce. I'd rather watch Antique Roadshow any day than that nonsense. Blah. And that's the end. Time for bed.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Kami I had no idea that you still had some of your barbies. WOW! And that Indian costume is AMAAAAZING!!!!! You are incredible.
I had to look up palaver.

Megan said...

Kami - your creativeness amazes me - that indian costume is AWESOME!!! I'm glad you get to take sewing lessons.