Sunday 12 September 2010

Random




Eagle hunting in Mongolia. Gotta love it, right?



And here's some of my future dogs, Salukis. I even convinced Leo to get some after he watched a couple of these videos of them chasing down a gazelle. (I just think they'd look nice walking by me and me wearing one of my cool hats.)


He said we could name it Yussef and he'd buy a turban to wear when he took it out for a run. Hmmmm..... maybe I should rethink my dog choice. Sorry it's terrible quality but you get the idea.

So here's my second choice. Because they are from Tibet. Yeah, that's my only reason.


Now this is why I started on this random video hunt--I was reading my sister's Encyclopedia of Horses and read about this Caspian horse. Fascinating--they think the breed dates back to King Darius of Persia. Sweet. Anyway, I was trying to convince my dad to buy some and get a cart. Him and Wyatt have been scheming about a cart horse for some time.

They're a beautiful breed (not a pony although very small) and they're supposed to be super intelligent and very gentle, and they make excellent children's horses. Anyway, you can google them if you want.

However, my father was more in to these horses. Norwegian Fjord horses for his someday cart. Umm, I just uploaded this particular video because it was so completely random.

I have to admit they are pretty cool too.

But I think Dad should teach his Arabians this. Just a thought. Coco V (my horse) would look gorgeous.

And this is for Leo. Just because. I could have ridden a Paso Fino in Colombia, but I was six months pregnant, so I declined.

And this is just because Canada is cool too.
So there you go. Consider yourself edified. Or not.

No comments: