Monday 16 August 2010

Leo's Birthday

What can I say. Isabel, delicious.

Isabel pretty much won over everyone at this reunion. Nobody can really understand her incessant, fast chatter for the most part, but it's so cute when she says "I lub you." Which she'll tell anyone and give great big hugs. Awww....she wasn't even scared of Uncle Derek and he's kind of freaky. Hee. Hee. Myles absolutely adored her. Wyatt, did an amazing impression of her in our random late night charade game--she runs funny because she's pigeon-toed. (People just did a charade whenever they felt like it and there were no teams. Leo also did an amazing impression of Nacho Libre--he had to repeat it several times for other people not present and he was quite red by the end.)

Mom had us play this awesome shooting game she learned on the cruise her and Dad went on. I was not at all skilled at it. Reflexes is not my area of expertise. Ana had been with my sister Megan for two weeks. She was able to go camping with them at Bear Lake, go four-wheeling, ride some wakeboards, go boating, and pretty much have a good time with her cousins. Lucky girl. Oh, and when we went boating with Derek on Monday, the water was so rough with white-caps, but Ana was awesome at staying on the tube. We couldn't even see her from the boat at times and she still managed to stay on. I had a headache and let go after just a little bit and then I stayed on the beach the rest of the time. It was fun watching Ana and Leo ride the tube though. Ana is also thrilled because soccer starts again this week!
Watching the game.
Leo turned 30 while we were there so Mom made him German chocolate cake. Yum. This is not beer. It's Pony Malta, a particularly hard soda to find from Colombia. It was worth hunting it down just to see the faces of my nieces and nephews as they tried it. Apparently it tastes rather like beer. It's disgusting--Ana and Leo love it though.
I bought Leo a few new white short-sleeved shirts for church--the last ones I bought him was when he was baptized. Crazy, eh?
He also got this soccer ball. I think that was his favorite present of all.
Ahhh...cute.
These were all my siblings and in-laws seeking shade.
Uncle Wyatt once again entertaining the masses.
He also made a zipcord from the porch to the swingset. Craziness.
Elena is funny. She loves having friends to play with--Aunt Lindsay Ann is now her favorite babysitter so that she could play with Hailey and Cassidy. But, she plays most of the time by herself even if there are kids around to play with. One night when we were at my mom's, I was telling her a story (Rapunzel--her favorite!) and she corrected me at the end. She said, "And then he kissed her like you kiss daddy?" To which I replied, "Yep, that's right." And she said, "And Ana says ewwwww." I laughed so hard. Oh, she also says that "A tiger ate my hand," when she doesn't want to do something. Most of the time though she likes to pretend she's a puppy. Not any puppy though, a princess puppy. And she licks. Ewww.

No comments: