Wednesday 10 December 2008

Wed. Reminisce Distracted

Okay, my reminisce was inspired by where we're going tonight. We're going here (a Colombian bakery). I can't wait. I love so much of their breads and desserts. Like pandequeso. I could eat that till I exploded, seriously. It's basically cheese-filled bread.
That's one above. I've found mixes at different Hispanic stores, and they actually taste pretty close. Anyway, when I was pregnant with Elena in Florida, there was a Colombian bakery down the street from the hospital I worked at and I would crave pandequeso, it was one of the few things I could keep down.
One day I was craving like crazy papas criollas (the potatoes pictured above). I was so sick with Elena--I lost ten pounds the first three months of my pregnancy. It didn't matter when or what I ate, it all came back up. So I really wanted these, so of course I stopped and bought some. And then I cooked them. The whole bag. And then I ate them. All of them. Two and a half pounds. In one sitting. It was delicious, I don't think a meal ever tasted that good to me before. If you could call it a meal. If anyone wants to come visit me, I'll cook some for you. Oh, and just FYI, we're going to the Spanish ward starting in January. Wish me luck in learning Español.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh good for you for moving to the Spanish ward. You are lucky. They won't let me do that here. : S

Those columbian bakery's sound FABULOUS! I will have to take you up on your offer some day. Heavenly!