Friday 24 October 2008

The Phoenix Zoo

The Phoenix Zoo was a blast! I recommend it to anyone heading that way. Although I don't see how anyone could handle it in the middle of summer. It was 104 the day we went in October. Crazy. I'm never moving back to Phoenix. (Oops. Did I just jinx myself?)

Some of the animals we saw.
My own crazy animals. These were taken in the "Colombia" part of the zoo. Yes, it really does have a section based on Colombia. There's a border crossing station and everything.The caverns were great to cool down in. The kids would have stayed there all day. Ana was so excited to the ride the camel.She was not as excited here. She wanted McDonald's. Martha instead took Leo and I out to our favorite restaurant in Phoenix--Haji Babba's. (It's on Apache close to ASU for anyone interested.) Their food is way better than their mural paintings.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

HOly! Now that is a ZOO!

What does Leo think of the Colombia section. IS it authentic enough??

The camel and the caverns are what got me for sure. The kids certainly seemed to have a blast.