Sunday 19 October 2008

THE BIG GAME

Here's a group of some of my nieces and nephews and my sister Amy on the left, and my sister Lindsay in the orange hoodie.

We've been in Arizona for a week, and then in Utah for a week. More pictures to come of all that,
BUT I really have to post this first before I lose the links. The highlight of our week in Utah was my little brother Ethan's football game on Wednesday night.

My sister-in-law Lindsay Ann is an amazingly enthusiastic cheerer. Wowsers. My little brother Wyatt (her husband) is the scruffy guy in the brown hoodie.

Ana cheering on her uncle! She actually didn't like all the screaming, poor girl.
All of us mobbing Ethan, otherwise known as "Puma". Don't ask me why, I just know that most of his friends will think we're talking about Ethan Lofthouse instead of Ethan Rasmussen if we say Ethan. Apparently, he's only known as Puma at his high school.
(My disclaimer: I'm really not much of a sports fan, but I do enjoy watching the occasional game when somebody I know is playing.)

Anyway, Ethan's game rocked!!!!! To give a little background, Ethan plays for Mountain Crest, and their main rival is Sky View, another high school in Cache Valley, Utah. Mountain Crest's varsity team had never before won a game against Sky View. It's a very bitter rivalry. All my siblings came to the game, from five different states (only Kayli was sick that day and ended up staying at my parent's house in bed). We made signs that said "We love #3" and "Go Uncle Ethan" etc. that my nieces and nephews held up anytime Ethan's name was mentioned. It was tons of fun. The actual game was fun too. Mountain Crest was down two touchdowns at halftime and came back to beat them in overtime. Ethan made two touchdowns, including one that he ran 85 yards. Sweet! Also several good tackles--he just played really well. The game was definitely a nail biter. It also placed his team first in their league and so now their going to state. Fun. Fun.

Watch Ethan make his 85 yd touchdown!! (I think you may have to click on Mountain Crest vs. Sky View here).

Also there's another video that's pretty cool, because they actually interview Ethan, but can't find it right now. I'll post it later if I do find it.

Okay, I tried to rearrange the pictures and the text, but my parents computer is significantly different from my own (it's a Mac) and I couldn't get it to work. Oh well. Also Andrea's blog, Life at 169, has a much more exciting recount of the game.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Your disclaimer would be MY disclaimer too!
Thanks for the pics though! I love it. Your family is SO fun! Family + Fun = Crazy! : D

Maria said...

How Fun! Mountain Crest is one of Box Elder's big rivals, too. My bro-in-law graduated from Mountain Crest, so I have a few reasons to like them now :) Way to go Ethan!