Wednesday 1 October 2008

News bites

Mesa announces who's layed off on Oct. 6th. We've stopped caring. Leo applied for a job in Utah. (That's assuming the adoption ever goes through--yeah, we had a hang up on the Colombian side of things. Errrr....) It was at a defense/aerospace/missiles/weaponry etc. type of place. He was sad. He swore he'd never work in an arms related company. (Principles based on his own messed up country and the experience of being stopped by guerrillas while walking from his grandpa's farm to the neighboring farm as a teenager.) My poor pacifist husband. What desperation drives us too. He also applied to many jobs here in Chicagoland. (That's assuming the adoption doesn't go through anytime soon.) Sigh. We looked at houses (ACTUAL HOUSES) for rent in Ogden UT that were literally half the cost of our apartment, and they had dishwashers and garages. It made me sick. I stopped looking. I hate having things unsettled. So frustrating. Sigh again. This is why I've left my monthly quote up for so many months. It just fits right now. Sorry for my complaining.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

WHoa. THat's a WHOLE lot of stuff up in the air!
Complain away. I would.
You're all in my prayers now too. Hope it all comes together soon.