Monday 23 June 2008

About Ana



The last few days have been hectic but nice. Ana finished up swimming lessons, which she did great at. She passed her level, was given a MVP award, and was recommended for the swim team!! (Not that we'll be doing swim team due to the cost involved. Oh, well.) She was the only kid in her class able to do standing dives.


In other news, Ana had her hair cut. I didn't really give her a choice in the matter. Her hair is SOOOO thick, and whenever she brushed it, she'd only brush the top layer and it would always look ratty and tangled underneath. So I told her if she can't brush it properly, then it has to be cut. She wanted it cut to her ears. I had only made the stipulation of her shoulders, by the way. Both me and Sarah (a friend in the ward who cut it) really thought ear length was way too short for her heart-shaped face, so it's middle-of-her-neck length. When she first looked in the mirror she looked as if she were about to cry and said she didn't like it at all, but now she says she likes it. Sarah also thinned her hair for an HOUR. Literally, there were piles of hair on the floor, and her hair is still sooo thick! But it's looked decently brushed since then, which I am so happy about. I think her hair cut is adorable, and perfect for the summer!

Ana also received a new bike. Found a new bike actually. It was by the garbage dumpster, Leo just had to tighten the seat and the handlebars and it's as good as new. Don't you just love dumpster finds?!?!?
This is the picture Ana took of me and Elena after I took the pictures of her haircut. Don't I look cute in an apron? Elena on the other hand, loves to wear those pajamas; they have cows on them and whenever she puts them on, she says "Mooooo" a lot. And she puts them on a lot in the middle of the day (like she did for this picture)--that pair and another pair that has a Carebear on it. It gets annoying actually, but still is kind of cute. At night she never wants to wear any of her other pajamas either. Just those two pairs. Crazy girl.

And this is the picture Ana took of Elena after helping her put diapers on her two babies and of course cover them with a blanket--otherwise known as a swim towel. Elena LOVES dolls now. A new doll is definitely going to be her birthday present this year.

4 comments:

The Haws Family said...

I just have to say Ana's hair is SO cute!!! I love it! Genius to get it thinned...they always try to thin my hair, but because it is somewhat naturally curly, if they thin it, it does WEIRD things, so I would rather deal with the thickness...but I am a little older than she is. I don't know why I didn't think to tell you to get it thinned earlier. But it looks SO dang cute! I want to visit and see it in person RIGHT NOW! Have a great day!

Andrea said...

Ana--your hair looks SO CUTE!! I love it! You need to come to Utah to show us all in person!

Lynn said...

ME too! I think the short bobs are SO cute! She is adorable! And I bet she won't be so hot in the summer either. I hated my think hair in summer. It was like having a hot water bottle on my head.

Hey....that is a GREAT bike you guys found. It's amazing what people just throw away. I just want to shake them and say "Why?".

Hanah said...

Kami-I love Ana's hair!! It's so cute and stylish. How awesome of a deal on her bike! You are looking so cute too!! so is Elena! Leo's a lucky man! :D