Tuesday 18 March 2008

A Quandary

Today is a gray, ugly day in Chicago. It's raining and overcast. Hopefully, tomorrow is nicer--simply because then there shouldn't be any flight delays!!! Yes, it's true, I get to leave this gray, gloomy place and go to Utah!!! Hurray!!! Ana is so excited to meet all her new cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles, she can barely contain it. It's fun to see her so excited. Elena however, started teething on Monday and is ornery and fussy and plain annoying to be around. Sigh. I think I may buy some benadryl and dose her with it tomorrow. I don't know, it's going to be a miserable day in the airports, hopefully we get on the first flights out. Which brings me to my quandary.

Yes, it is my hair pomenade. Hee. Hee. (Isn't pomenade such a funny word? It makes me feel like Marie Antoinette saying I pomenade my hair.) Anyway, I just bought a new blow dryer and this styling stuff and have actually been doing my hair lately. When it was shorter I could just run some gel through it and go--so nice. But it started getting longer and I told Leo I could either buy a blow dryer or get my hair cut. He obviously chose the blow dryer. Anyway, this lovely styling stuff only comes in an 5.7 oz jar, and it's not really the sort of thing you can put in another container, and since we will only be taking carry-on luggage, I risk the chance of TSA finding it and throwing it out. Ruff. Yet if I don't take it, then what will happen to my hair--it will look lousy the whole time I'm in Utah!!!! Errrr. I guess I could buy a container there, but then what happens when I fly back?!?! You can see what a serious matter this is. Basically, this is all the more irritating because I think airport security is a joke. My husband agrees. And please remember, he is a pilot. See if you find this enlightening. I really didn't. Leo was telling me about a video a bunch of pilots were watching the other day that was spoofing TSA security training. One of the trainees kept raising his hand and asked these questions. "So how do you know a terrorist can make a bomb with more than 3 oz. of liquid?" Answer: "Well the FBI has done research." "So, with 3 oz you can't but 3.25 oz you can?" "What happens when two people meet up on the plane and combine their 3 oz and now they have 6 oz, wouldn't the plane still be at risk?" Etc. Etc. Here's one I found. It's pretty darn funny too. Well, that's my tirade for today.

In other news, this has what my diet has consisted of for the last month. Can you tell I'm pregnant??? I was out shopping for the Valentine's party last month and saw this and those big soft pretzels and for some reason, they just looked so very, very good. I've almost finished the entire box (it was one of those huge boxes of pretzels--Costco style). A couple nights ago, I got up at 1:30 AM to eat one. Hee. Hee. Two nights ago at midnight, I ate an entire package of soda crackers with butter on them. Thinking about it now, it really kind of disgusts me, but at the time, it was quite tasty. And here's my little goose girl. On Sunday after church, Ana spent ten minutes chasing around these Canadian geese outside. She hadn't even come inside to put her scriptures away. I wanted to take a picture when she was close to them (and she did get really, really close) but by the time I put Elena to bed, used the bathroom, etc, they were finally scared off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lynn said...

Sheesh! Being the fact that I am one who has never flown....this is all new to me. I had NO idea of these ridiculous rules. I am still shaking my head. HOpe you have a great trip however!

Anonymous said...

I agree that the rules for flying are crazy. They wouldn't even let Derek take a small bottle of powerade. And he asked about bottles for babies and they said only one. What if you were on a long flight and needed more then one!!! I say it is totally silly becuase if someone wants to make a bomb and take it on there are ways that they can do it!!!
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Oh yea and they confiscated his toothpaste that was in a bottle larger then 3 oz but only had enough left in it for a couple of days!! DUMB!

Brooke, again! (sorry)