Friday 14 March 2008

Ana's Happy 8th Birthday!

Yesterday was Ana's 8th birthday and I think it went splendidly (besides the tears at bedtime when she wanted to keep playing with her toys). We kept it pretty simple--I'm not a big believer in birthday parties. But Ana seemed really happy. I was a little sad that the toys we bought her (a set with walkie talkies, binoculars, compass, etc) was hud. Literally, none of it worked at all. I mean, we didn't spend a lot, but we kind of expected the walkie talkies to work from one room to the other at least. She loved it though, and hopefully it keeps her entertained even in its non-working state. She's thrilled with her journal from Grandma and scriptures too. She wanted scriptures "just like Leo's" (a quad) and was so happy that she got them. It was a really fun evening.

The cake she picked out. I don't care to be a fabulous cake decorator like my sister Andrea (see this and this and this), but I thought I did a fairly decent job.


Oops, missed one candle. Had to redo.


Thanking Dad for the presents.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my! Not a cake decorator, eh? WOw! THat is awesome. I have never been one to go all out on my kids' cakes. After seeing yours, and your sisters, and Kristi's monkey cake today, I am SO envious. Sure wish I tried a little harder. Oh, well. They are past that stage now. Maybe someday for the grandkids.
We never were ones for big birthday parties either. It was a couple of friends over for cake and ice cream and only every other year till they turned 10. Now it's just a one on one date with mom and dad.
Nothing fancy. But they seem to really look forward to that. I guess it makes them feel more grown up.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANA! Birthday number 8 is always so special.

The Haws Family said...

I think your cake turned out awesome! Looks like she had a good time, I am so excited to meet her in FOUR days!!!!

Andrea said...

Kami--your cake was stellar. I loved it. Also--I keep trying to get glimpses of your apartment in all your pictures. Why don't you just make me happy and take a picture of all the rooms and post them.