Wednesday 14 November 2007

This and That

The Chicago Temple

Really, I need to keep this short as the dishes are looming at me like a nightmare apparition, even though they're in the other room. Yuck! But I do have some interesting tidbits (at least interesting to me.) First off, cute pictures of my kids. Tomorrow we're getting Christmas pictures done, so those will be coming soon.
Ana

Second, I took pictures for my sister Kayli and her family. Check them out here. They turned out pretty good I have to say. While they were here, I babysat her kids while her husband and her went to the temple. I was carrying around Ethne and she got fussy, so I started feeding her, umm, breastfeeding her, when all of a sudden I looked down and it dawned on me, "This isn't my baby!" Oh well, it did keep her happy.
The (Kayli) Bell Family

I read a book last night called, "I Didn't Plan to Be a Witch" about motherhood. It was funny, one of my favorite parts was when the author was saying how her husband believed very few things are really worth doing and so he always said, "If a thing is just barely worth doing, then just barely do it." She said she liked to write that on the piano in the dust. Hee. Hee. She also quoted someone who told her "If you're going to raise leaders, you've got to expect them to have a will of their own. I know it's hard to deal with, but just be glad that they have an opinion." My family members never lack for an opinion--although I don't know if we qualify as leaders. Personally, I think that's one of Ana's oddest idiosyncrasies to me, she never has an opinion and often makes me chose for her (expect when it comes to food and her hair!)

Elena

Oh and for more corrections, I bought soybean paste which I threw away, I still have the dashi and it's a powder and smells fishy. Literally. I never guarantee any information on my blog to be correct by the way.
Fall is very pretty, I haven't had it for several years. The cold is not pretty!

Well, I'm off to do dishes. If they don't eat me. It could happen. Kind of like in the Little Shoppe of Horrors, except with dishes.

4 comments:

Kayli said...

Hi Kam. I am still just dinking around doing nothing. So I thought I'd leave you an awesome comment, but I have nothing awesome to say.
How about,

one time....when I was fishing.....

When did you take that picture of the temple? I like it. It was cool when we saw Bambi there, trying to go to the temple. Well, I'll see you soon, adn probably talk to you sooner.
bye

The Haws Family said...

Kami that picture of Ana and the picture of Elena are SO BEAUTIFUL! I can't even believe it. It's cause I'm their aunt of course. I have a big bruise on my arm from where the needle sucked my blood the other day at the dr.'s. How rude. I am also getting a cold. How rude. I need to be studying. I want to sleep. Maybe I will go buy juice. Hm. Thanks for the awesome pictures and I hope you have a fantastical day.

Emily said...

The Chicago Temple looks a lot like the Dallas Temple... is it tiny like ours too?! Your photos are great, your girls are adorable and I love the photo of the fall. Sorry to hear you don't like the cold though, I am craving the cold, we were in the 80's yesterday!

Kami said...

The Chicago temple is actually fairly large. And Kayli I took the picture driving back from taking your family pictures.