Wednesday 19 February 2020

Flooding

So right after we first moved into our house, the sink in the kitchen started leaking, and then our shower upstairs started leaking through the ceiling, and then a pipe leaked in my sewing room.  The above picture is the ceiling leak from the shower.  We had finally got those all taken care of and the painting and re-drywalling done when on Feb 6th a pipe burst in my sewing room (same pipe they had fixed twice before) and dumped over 65 gallons of water everywhere.  Joy.  I insisted they call a real plumber and a real clean-up crew--our house, thankfully, is under warranty for a year.  I had just barely finished organizing the basement.  All my extra sewing machines were sitting in water.  And the boys' room, understair storage, gym and halfway through the family room were all soaked and of course my sewing room and the bathroom.  Anyway, it did get all dried out and the carpet was reinstalled this past Saturday, so besides my sewing room that is a disaster, mostly everything is put away now.  Although yesterday we had another leak from the master bathroom sink AND a gas leak from our stove.  I don't even know what to do about that.  Needless to say, I broke down and ate a lot of ice cream yesterday and bought too many clothes.  I really need better coping mechanisms.

No comments: