Tuesday 18 February 2020

And we moved!!!


And we FINALLY finished our library!!!  YAY!!!  I would NEVER do that again.  But it looks beautiful.



Every single time I moved a shelf or breathed wrong on the paint, it scraped.  :(

I love the lockers in the front closet.  So much nicer to keep the kids' snowpants and gloves and everything organized.




That stuff all eventually got cleaned up, but I LOVE my lights from Egypt via Etsy.  The electrician was hanging those pendant lights when we stopped by randomly, and they didn't come with the pieces that are next to the ceiling, so we made a quick run to Walmart and bought super cheap lights to get those pieces.  That's why they're very different colors.  One of these days, I'm going to use a metal paint thing I have to blend them more.


The downstairs.

My favorite thing in this house--another light from Egypt.   LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

I also love our wood floors.

See we moved in.



Yep, definitely move in craziness.


I also love this sign I bought from Etsy too.

Yes that is me sleeping on the floor in the midst of chaos.  January seemed to last a year, I swear.
We actually had a lot of help with the move though.  Andrea and Cowen and Emeline came out Friday morning and helped take a load over to our house and were amazing, and then my Mom and Dad came with Chad, and I had just expected my mom and that we would just be moving our kitchen.  But Mom and Dad and Leo moved the ENTIRE apartment--over my protestations because Dad really didn't need to lift that much.  And then Mom helped me unpack all the kitchen stuff into the new house.  It was so wonderful!!!  I am so grateful.

And then Chad stayed the weekend and helped put beds together and hung up Sebas's growlight, and was super helpful.  I was very impressed.


And then Saturday morning, people from 7th ward, 8th ward, and our Spanish branch and Jared my brother-in-law came and helped move all the stuff from our storage units into the house.  It was really fast.  But then putting things away was really slow because some of the stuff had been packed up for two years almost.  So half our garage is filled with stuff for a garage sale this spring.  It hasn't been an easy move, that's for sure. 

And pre-move scribbling.

And our new fish, Fernando.

No comments: