Saturday 15 February 2020

December House Progress


Our house moved along in December pretty rapidly. But Leo and I were there every evening working on the library and range hood.  It was pretty miserable.  And then I was getting a babysitter so I could go work on it during the day too.  I LOVE our ceiling beams.  That was totally worth it.  Of course we didn't do those.



I also love the entry way tile--the most expensive bit of flooring in the entire house. But worth it, I think.


Trying to decide where to center the range hood.  

Leo build the frame and I helped install the range hood.

Then I textured it with Modern Masters Texture Effects--first priming with BIN whatever they recommend, and then I painted it, and then I sealed it.  
And with the trim piece installed.  LOVE IT!!!!  Sadly if you look in these pictures, I do not love the countertops with the backsplash.  I LOVE the backsplash but I think the countertop needed to be a plainer whitish color.  The color it is now is too distracting from the beautiful backsplash.



SO SO SO happy for double ovens.  I have dreamt about these for years!!!


And the IKEA library.  I would never ever do this again.  I think it looks good, but I'm going to be constantly touching up paint because despite, cleaning and sanding and priming etc, the paint just scrapes off at the slightest nudge.  So sad.  I painted all of it and it took months.



Leo and I installed the cabinets and countertops and bookshelves, and Leo built the trim pieces to cover everything up and installed the lights. We finally broke down and paid Cecilio--the guy painting our house--to fill all the holes and everything for us.

Sebas's and Elena's rooms looking good. I put up the wallpaper in the girls' room and I love it! 


Then this happened in the middle of Dec.  The guy who owned the house and was flipping it, almost sliced off his arm while working there one day with a miter saw.  Luckily there was a guy he hired working in the garage with him right then and he was taken immediately to the hospital where they life flighted to SLC and reattached his arm.  I cleaned up blood a day or two later, but someone else must have taken care of most of it.  I feel really bad for him because I think any money he was going to make on this house went down the drain with medical bills, but then I also think we only were able to move in as soon as we did because he had to hire more people because he couldn't do things.  Hmmm.
And we finished our gym!   That was another room I painted.  Also I installed all the climbing stuff too.  Leo and I did the mirror and he did the ballet bars for me.  The kids LOVE IT!!!

No comments: