Monday 23 December 2019

Elena's Christmas Play


Elena wanted to be in another play earlier this year, but she kind of became disenchanted with it by the end. I'm glad she had another opportunity to try it out though.  She played Loper the deer. I volunteered to help with the set and painted the castle, and helped set up a bit.  Elena really did a good job, she spoke nice and clear and actually one song practically turned into a solo (from a trio) because the mic the other two girls grabbed wasn't working.  And she sounded beautiful!!  I was coming down with a head cold/sinus infection that day, but I decided the night before to have Isabel sell baked goods there to raise money for Teton Science School.  So I actually kept her home from school on Friday and she worked so hard all day! I was seriously impressed!  We made a bunch of cookies and then I made three yule log cakes thinking that they looked so fancy that they would sell well.  I was wrong, none of them sold.  But she was able to sell one the next week and the other two were delicious, so that's good.  Anyway, that Friday, I was sick, two different types of cookies we tried making completely failed (like garbage can failed).  And I was rushing to help do the set too.  I literally never ate a meal that day because I never had the time.  It was not a day I want to repeat anytime soon.  And I pretty much missed all the play because I stayed in the school commons area with Jubal and Efraim.  But I did get to see Elena sing her unintended solo!!!  She was so cute!!



The innocent face of the boy who managed to get the drain piece off the middle school drinking fountain drain and was sucking on it. DISGUSTING!!!!!!



See I painted a lot in November. 

No comments: