Friday 29 April 2016

April Happenings.

The deer didn't even bother to get up from the opposite side of the lawn while the kids were all jumping on the trampoline.  Err.   Deer are like giant rats.  Me no likey.
We got the tramp up and the kids are out there every day jumping.  Love it.  
I joined the preschool group on their field trip to the Ranger's Station.  The kids got to turn on all the siren's in their fire truck. And then he had them race around a bit in a hard hat and their fire shirts.  It was fun, but extremely windy.  After that we went to a park and let them play.





The little preschool group, I never really joined in this year because for so long our house was torn apart and then it's so close to the end of the year now that I didn't bother.



Leo went to a conference in Houston for a four days a couple of weeks ago. He brought me back candy from our favorite world market store.  Yum.
We spent Saturday planting the bushes and then picking up trash from our backyard.  We borrowed a trailer from a friend and filled it up twice.  There was 4 old burning barrels, a decrepit dog house, siding, wire, two big reels of barbed wire, various planter pots, a broken cast iron stove and a cement mixer.  Yeah.  It's amazing what all the sage brush hid.

See how beautiful the weather was??  My trees were delivered and we planted 5 of them--two chokecherries, a Newport Plum, a gooseberry bush, and a black currant bush.  (The lilac bush is still in our house.)  That involved putting fences around each one.  Stupid deer.
We saw a Jerusalem cricket for the first time ever.  Ugh.  


Isabel took these pictures.  Yes, that is me laying on the couch and reading and ignoring life.  I blame Andrea and Tim--they recommended them.  Robin Hobb's Assasin's Apprentice was the first one, but it was a trilogy and long and I kind of read for three days straight.  The kids didn't even get to school one day.  I had them ready to go, but then when I went out it had snowed and I didn't feel up to scraping the car after reading all night, so I came in and said never mind, you get to stay home today!  Yep, I'm totally a responsible adult.  This is why my mom gave up reading.  I remember coming home one day in 4th grade and finding her in Megan's bedroom where she had gone that morning to put something away and then she picked up Follow the River that Megan had been reading and never put it back down.  Hee. Hee.  Anyone want to tell me what happens in the next five books?  I really need to get on with real life but I'm kind of desperate to read how Molly and Fitz meet up again.  Sigh.  



See this is how it looked Tuesday morning.  I hope my trees and bushes survive.  I'll cry if they don't.

And a Facebook post from last Thursday:
And in Latorre news today: Ana scored the one and only winning goal in her soccer game today. Woot! Woot! (Which I missed because Lando had to go to the bathroom right then.) And Jubal gave Sebas a nasty black eye. He also bit Lando pretty darn hard. And Jubal also found the petroleum jelly and emptied most of it all over himself and his room during nap time. Anyone want Jubal for a couple if years? 

No comments: