Sunday 28 February 2016

One more post before February is gone.

 Sorry to all my family members for all the double posting of pictures


I finished my quilt that I started 3 year ago. I actually took a quilt class for it and I was just scared of machine quilting.  But it was a breeze.  I can't believe I put it off that long.
This is what the living room looks like with the new flooring.  I was waiting for a grand before and after photo.  But that might take a long time.  So this will have to do for now. It's a work in progress, we really don't intend to keep cardboard boxes as end tables forever.  Although it's quite the style statement.
Our stairs are done!!!!
I love this rug.  So perfect.  

The girls were playing dress up with Jubal the other day.

Finally finished painting the wall behind the sideboard and moved the piano to the living room, and have now got things semi put together.  Yay!


I dyed my hair red.  Good times.

  
We finished our laundry room!   Double Yay!!  It was a very inexpensive fix up.  The gallon of paint I bought for $5 but I had accidentally got the wrong color (it was supposed to be for the boys' room) so I just used it here.  Arizona Tan by Benjamin Moore.  And then the trim and baseboards and shelves I painted with Maison Blanche by Sherwin Williams that I had a sample of that was vetoed from the upstairs.  Then I just bought very inexpensive shelving BUT it is sturdy which the other shelves weren't.  And we have tons more storage.  And I hung up a rod for ironing.  That's a must.
I love shelf space.

I wanted to add a sink to the side of washing machine and not just any sink, a lavadero.  It's a sink with a washboard built into it's design.  SO handy for scrubbing out stains.  But I couldn't even find a place in the US that sold them.  Home Depot Mexico had one on it's website.  Racist, I tell you.  But then I had a plumber out and our drain is too small to have another sink added on.  Sniff.
I even put two pictures up on the wall.  I think they need wood frames but Walmart had none, and I liked these okay.  I'll have to look for frames again at the DI.    These are the pictures.  

Ha. Ha.  This picture always makes me laugh.
And our stairs are done!!!  Another yay!

In other news, I built a blanket ladder today.  Impressive, I know.  I'll post pictures once I stain it.  And we started nailing up Ana's plank wall. It's looking awesome.  Again, pictures once we're done.   I need to go back and post about our trip to Utah.  I will.  I promise.  Tomorrow.  Tonight, I am EXHAUSTED and heading to bed.  Buenas notes amigos.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Your house is way awesome.

Jethro and I looked for posters for his bedroom last night. Lots of posters of WWII aircraft. :)