Monday 23 February 2015

Life in Katy

1. It's rainy and gloomy and awful today.  I really hate weather like this.
2. This is Sebastian's picture, A Scorpion Fighting a Spider.
3. Last Sunday, Leo grilled a whole salmon and I made blueberry and toasted pecan and spinach salad, and sautéed green beans, and the Bodines brought rolls, and it was the yummiest meal I've had in a long time.  Delicious.
4. On Monday last week we met at the church with the Bodines and the Smiths and the Pages and we played sports in the gym for FHE.  It was so much fun!  The most fun I've had in a long, long, time.

5. Sebastian watched Harry Potter one morning and drew this on Jubal's head.  Hee. Hee.
6. Two years later, I finally finished the girls' emboirdery decorations.  I'm kind of disappointed. A couple of weeks ago Kayli sent me a link to a designer's room she had made for her little girl, and it was exactly the idea I was going for in my girls' room and of course it looked so much better.  Including these.  I know I shouldn't care or just be content, but I'm actually pretty bummed because I spent a lot of time and put a lot of effort in, and her's would have been faster.  Anyway, I'm in a bad mood right now, so take anything I say with a grain of salt simply because I'm being so negative altogether.  Gosh, I wish it was sunny.
7. The little girls rolled up in their blankets.

More of the boy who lived.

8. Ana babysat on Friday night while Leo and I went to a marriage class at the church.  She made the kids this AMAZING tent and they got to sleep in it that night.
8. Ana made the only goal at her game on Tuesday and they won 1-0!!!  WOOT!!! WOOT!!!! We also went to her game on Friday and they won that 1-0 too!!!!
9. I bought the boys a new airplane at Hobby Lobby.  I just couldn't resist the teeth on it.  It's eveybody's favorite plane now.
10. Elena and Audrey at their Valentine's Day party.  Thanks to Karen, Audrey's mom, who always sends me pictures!  
11.  Our stake was split this weekend and we had stake conference and Elder Golden and Elder Rhien came and talked and it was a really excellent conference.  
12.  I've been cleaning and throwing out things like crazy. Leo keeps teasing me that I'm pregnant and nesting. I definitely am not. IF only my sewing pile would decrease in size too.  I've yet to start work on the girls' quilts and that makes me really sad.  It takes all my time and energy right now just to keep up with the day to day things, making bread, dishes, dinner, homework, piano lessons and getting kids to practice, working out, cleaning, laundry, stopping kids from bickering, etc, etc.  It doesn't help either that Lando and Jubal NEVER sleep at the same time.  That is seriously going to be the death of me.



13.  I dyed my roots on Saturday with Leo's help.  He held the mirror for me while I did the back.   We watched Reds2 while I dyed it in the bathroom on Leo's laptop. I highly recommend it.  I don't like Bruce Willis for whatever reason, but this movie was quite good anyway because it was meant to be so over the top.   The roots by the way, turned a little too yellow, next time I'll start on the front and make sure to wrap my head in saran wrap and a towel so the bleach doesn't deactivate.  Lesson learned.
14. Will someone please watch Wolf Children for me.  Please?

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Kami I did not see those pictures of you when I read this on my feedly. That first picture of you is so so so pretty! I pretty much love it a lot.

and I love your embroidery! I love the make it do or do without one!! I love the girl in a bonnet adn blue dress! I love teh strawberries! They are SOOOOOOO CUTE!!

Kayli said...

I just went back adn looked at the pictures from the other blog of her girl's room, and you could VERY easily pull out one or maybe two of your embroideries (put them in another corner or something) and stick in two with bright fabric backing and voila! It will be just as colorful. One of hers was fabric that was a mixture of patterns, like it had been pieced. And the other one was the initial. Easily done. If you wanted to. And your actual embroideries are FAR FAR better than hers.