Sunday 5 December 2010

Christmas Tree


Andrea posted her Christmas tree, so I decided to post mine. This year I did something different--for me anyway--and I made gingerbread ornaments and dried orange slices.
I didn't realize that my kids would like them a little too much. This poor little man had his leg eaten off. Our neighbor, who is two, loves to eat these things. And trust me, they aren't meant to taste good. Also Isabel eats the orange slices like crazy. I don't think I'll be doing this again for a while, at least till my kids are past eat-the-decorations-stage.
Elena, on the other hand, loved making decorations, and insisted I tie a string to this scrunchie, which she then hung on the tree. Umm, yeah. At least it's green and looks somewhat wreath-like. I would like to add strings of red beads to it, but there weren't any at Hobby Lobby, anyone seen those around at a store??? But maybe it will have to wait till next year.

In other news, Leo watched the kids while I went to our local DI (thriftstore) and went through every rack of blue jeans. Two hours later, and after trying on about fifty pairs, I managed to come up with three decent pairs, and one really great pair of jeans. Score. Hopefully they won't wear out quick. I hate shopping for jeans.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Cute ornament ideas!