Monday 4 January 2010

Crazy!!!

"The last few days have been insane. My head is no longer working properly either--I'm blaming pregnancy. On Friday we unloaded our trailer from UPack with the help of my Dad, my brother Wyatt, my sister Megan and her kids, Ana, and three guys from our new ward. I almost cried. So much of our stuff was smashed and scratched. Two bookshelves bit the dust and one of my NEW chairs, the ones I slaved for by sorting those car parts last spring. Sniff. Sniff. A crib was broken, my new table scratched up, a new bookshelf gouged, our dresser deeply gouged, etc. Then I forgot to call to have the UPack to have them pick up the trailer. Yeah, luckily the storage unit called after three days and we had three days before they charged us. Then I tried to return the blankets that I had rented from Uhaul to cover my furniture (WHICH WERE NEVER USED FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON!) and some of them were still with Leo in Chicago, and so they wouldn't take them. And then when Leo did arrive after a 27 hr trip (7 extra hours added on due to bad weather and hence a necessary detour through Denver), they wouldn't take them back at the Ogden location, or well they would but at an extra $100 charge, so I had to drive all the way back to Provo to return them."

Above was an excerpt from a blog post I started to write back in October but never finished. Can I just say, things have not improved. Andrea keeps telling me that her December last year was a nightmare but in January, everything started getting better. I'm still waiting for that to happen. But this December has definitely been a nightmare.

Remember that roach infestation in our new house? Well there's still live roaches there. They barely repaired the oven on the 31st. I spent hours and hours with the help of my family repainting every single room and cleaning. To give you an idea, I spent three hours simply scrubbing the living room floor. Leo and I had to clean the kitchen all over again (Lindsay Ann, Andrea, and Kayli had cleaned it before) just to wipe out all the dead roaches. Anyway, we finally moved our stuff in from the storage unit on the 3oth, because we didn't want to pay for another month there. My parents, sister Megan and her husband Jared, and two teenagers my dad hired cam down to help us move. Leo and I arrived there just as they came with the first trailer full from the storage unit. And then Leo locked the keys in our van before we ever opened the house, so we had to wait for the locksmith. Also, once again I was in tears because mice got in our storage unit and everything was covered in mouse tracks and smelled horrible. We had to put everything in the living room and dining room and wash it all off before it could be moved anywhere else in the house. Literally everything had to be washed. My sister kindly bought us a huge bottle of Odorban from Sam's Club, and we definitely needed it. I spent the whole day in tears. Our couch had to be thrown away, along with a crib mattress. Our other mattresses stunk terribly. It was nauseating to walk into the living room, the smell was so strong. A lot of our food storage had to be thrown away. We hooked up the washer and dryer to start washing clothes to try to get rid of the stench, only then a hose burst and water went everywhere. Five minutes after that the downstairs toilet overflowed everywhere. Needless to say it was not a good day. The next day my parents took pity on us and came down to Provo again. My dad washed 16 loads of bedding and clothes, while the rest of us washed down mattresses and other furniture

Leo and I decided to try to get out of our contract for that house, it's just been too much trouble, and only some of the time have they been good about fixing things. So we haven't unpacked--well, we haven't finished cleaning our things enough to unpack anyway.

Can I just say, January better start looking up soon, I don't think I can handle much more. Oh, and yesterday, Isabel was vomitting and had diarrhea all day. I think I've aged 10 yrs. in the last two months.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

oh MY GOSH! This is a total "JOB" (jobe) story.

I will continue to keep you and your little family in my prayers..