Wednesday 6 January 2010

Breech......errrrrrrrrr.....

Why, why, why are all my babies breech??????!?!?!?!? On top of everything else, this little stinker is following the exact pattern of my other two babies and went head up at 28 weeks and has stayed there ever since. Ruff. Now I have to go in to my doctor and get the same disbelieving look I got from my last OB-GYN when I told her that Isabel was breech and never moved out of that position. Why don't doctors believe me when I'm a trained nurse and worked in a childbirth center!??!?!! They always give me this little lecture that the babies turn around a lot and there's still plenty of time before they're born so they may still be just fine. Yeah right. My babies do not ever go head down past 28 weeks, not ever. Even as I write this, I can feel a head right under my ribs--it's a bit uncomfortable actually. Errrr..... And here when I was so happy because the hospital I'm going to deliver at is PRO VBAC and my doctors' office is PRO VBAC, and now this. Who's going to do a version on someone who's had a c-section. Umm, nobody. Who delivers breech anymore--nobody, especially not after a c-section. I'm so mad. This baby is definitely in deep trouble when he gets out, and probably for the rest of his life. I may not forgive him. If I have a c-section with this baby that means I'll be stuck having c-sections for the rest of my kids, which not saying I'll have a lot more, but who knows? C-sections are soooo much worse than vaginal deliveries. At least in my opinion. Two weeks after having Elena I was perfectly fine. Six months after having Isabel I'd still have random pains. And I was so tired for so long. Not fun.

Anyway, I need help. Anybody that has any random old wives' tales about how to get a breech baby to flip, let me know. I'm desperate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am a VBAC mom myself so I understand the importance of trying to turn this baby. A lot of mamas find the article about turning breech babies on the ICAN website helpful, www.ican-online.org Another great resource is the Spinning Babies website. It's all about optiminal fetal positioning.
Remember, your body is strong and capable of birthing your baby. Good luck!!!

Our children are the future said...

Well, I read somewhere that putting a flashlight on the bottom of your belly, the baby will likely follow and turn, also.. ice, put ice where his head is and then he will turn around! but again, I don't know if this will work, I know I have used a flashlight just to see the baby move towards it, and the ice b/c it is funny when they quickly move and kick it! but it is worth the try!

Lynn said...

I would love to hear if you tried any of these suggestions Kami and what the results were. I have not had this problem before but I have friends who do.