Monday 18 February 2008

La Gala de Valentino


This is what has been keeping me busy the last three weeks--it was well worth it though!! I was partially in charge of a Valentine's dance for our ward (congregation) and it ended up just completely wearing me out. Not so worn out though, that I didn't dance like crazy the night of. :)

Here's the invitations we handed out:


To the Lords and Ladies of the house:
Thy presence is humbly requested on February Fifteenth at Seven in the evening at the Grand Ballroom in
the Arlington Heights Chapel for
La Gala de Valentino.
For thine diversion dancing, delicious confections, and other
entertainment of the most amusing sort will be provided.
Gentlemen may adorn themselves with ties, bowties, cravats, or other neck stranglement accoutrements; although a top hat is not required. Ladies, clothe thyselves in lavish finery including gloves, tiaras, feathers, boas, diamonds and pearls, and perhaps prom, wedding or other enchanting gowns. If a more understated elegance is desired, that is, of course, acceptable as well.
**Pray thee do not o'erlook procuring a sitter for thy children for a nursery shall not be provided.

You can tell just from that how stellar our dance was. (Thanks Andrea and Tim for the help on them!) We checked out artwork (Monet, Da Vinci, Rembrandt, etc.) from the library and decorated the entire gym like a gallery and hung lights and had a few artificial trees with lights on them as well. It looked fabulous! The food was delicious as you can see. We laughed so hard taking pictures with all my vintage hats--see they're not a total waste of money! Everyone that came had their picture taken and will get a copy.Thomas was really the one in charge. And Jenny helped me set up and made the fabulous trifles. Kayli and Brett came up for the auto show, and Kayli was our fabulous photographer for the event. She also wore my wedding dress. And here's some more friends:Michael didn't listen when I told him that was a women's hat, neither did he listen when I told him it wasn't on straight. Hee. Hee.
I love parties!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Holy! You've been busy. I've never been to a car show. Looks like there is much to do besides just looking at cars. Way cool for the kids I am sure.

I LOVE your hat collection. I'm impressed that you used them for the photo shoots. You guys look awesome. It's like you stepped back in time. So much talent in your family, I must say.

Hanah said...

Kami,
That looks like so much fun!! The pictures turned out awesome!! I had no idea you could check out artwork from the library. :)

Kayli said...

fun fun and a bucket of rum

Emily said...

Kami, please come to our ward and make cool parties like this one. I am so tired of the "getting to know you pot luck." This looks supurb! I am so jealous!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kammers!! That looks like so much fun, and I loved the invites!! Wish we could have come to you stellar party!

Brooke