Wednesday 13 February 2008

Dreaming again

So I know my blog has got a bit bland of late, but really, I've been very busy (helping plan a ward Valentine's party, including making 250 rolls for it) and very tired. In fact, I should be in bed now. Oh, and my camera needs new batteries, so no pictures. Once this party's over though, I plan on totally updating my blog, well new music anyway, I'm tired of the stuff on here. Anyway, I read on my cousin's wife's blog that my other cousin went to Cuba (follow that?). I'm jealous. I always want to go places I can't. Don't know why, just my contrary nature I suppose. Anyway, her blog post was interesting to say the least, you can read it here. It actually made me a little less interested in going to Cuba. The beach looks heavenly though. This also brings up a very revealing story about my husband (his character, not otherwise). One time, when he was in high school in Colombia, he played on the volleyball team and they had a competition in Cuba for 2 1/2 weeks. Well, Leo chose not to go because he didn't want to get behind on his homework (soo, soooo, sooo like ever practical and diligent Leo). And he thought he made a fabulous choice when his friends came home and moaned and whined about all their homework. I asked if they enjoyed their trip though, and he said, "Well, yeah, they said they had a blast." (Okay, that's not a direct quote, my made-up version.) And I said, "Well, don't you think in the long run they'll remember their 2 weeks of fun more than they'll remember the pain of catching up on their homework?" To which Leo kind of looked a little disgruntled. All in all, it's a good thing I married him to liven him up a bit. (In big things that is; day to day, Leo's far more easy-going than me.)

In other news, I had an ultrasound today. The little wee babe was turned the wrong way so no gender news yet. However, according to the U/S I'm due July 23rd, not the August 30th that I had thought. Hmmm.... last time the nurses all looked at me like I was an idiot when I had no idea of the first day of my last (well, you know) and now they looked at me like I was an idiot still, even though I swear, I did keep track this time! Well anyway, now I must really go to bed. Have a fabulous day all!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ooooo! A Whole month earlier than you thought. Nice! I think I just heard a few tired pregnant women groan with envy. Can't wait to see your pics soon of what you've been up too. Sounds SO busy, but fun!

kaylani said...

Hi Kami,you still have to go to Cuba someday - absolutely beautiful beaches and to die for weather. And really, you can stay at an all inclusive resort so you don't have to do anything you don't want to! And you don't have to cook, or clean, or make your bed....