Tuesday 28 March 2023

Jan 2022

I don't know why, but I felt the need to recreate this photo of Jubal.  He's gotten big.  
Isabel always sets the table all beautifully for me.  I love it.  Napkins and napkin rings was another stress buy.  *face palm*

Efraim was sick in November and got in the habit of licking his lips, with his eczema and winter time, no matter what we did, we couldn't get it under control until that summer.  I think this is the worst it got though.  
All tired out.

Kansas looking very Kansas-y.  I accidentally drove past the turn to the kids' schools and ended up out here.  
Leo and I had to go to Kansas City (it was actually really sad--his coworker's wife died from an ectopic pregnancy, so we went up for the funeral).  He took me out for German food after.  
The desert was the best part.  
It was delicious.

We got snow!!!  And they cancelled school for it! (Yep, nobody can drive in snow here.)

My friend Bekah Hughes sent me the song Be Still by the Killers in November after I was telling how sad all of us were about the move.  I really loved the song, and it kind of inspired me to make that our family theme for the 2022.  I made a binder to keep our Come Follow Me book in and to use for FHE lessons, so I could just assign a kid the lesson from there.  I bought the kids "Be Still" stickers for their water bottles too.  It was really inspired until I died out after the summer.  FHE is still going fairly strong though, and that had really flagged during COVID and Evanston all together.  The quotes here are from a talk from my favorite apostle ever--Richard G. Scott.  I love him.  
I bought us a new FHE chart.  
But if you can't tell, we had a lot of angst in our family.  I don't remember which kid wrote these. 
Jubal wrote me this one though.  Sigh.




1 comment:

Kayli said...

I want to tell whoever wrote that note that even if you did live in Evanston, you'll never get a nice NORMAL family. hahaha
Kami, you are so beautiful!