Sunday 7 June 2020

Our 1912 Thompson Grand


So after our last piano bit the dust, literally, we borrowed my sister Megan's tiny keyboard that wasn't full size and didn't have any pedals for the whole time we lived in the townhouse.  It was nice because we didn't have room for anything else.  It was not so nice because Elena needed a full keyboard for some of her songs and pedals.  We planned on buying a really cheap piano to use for a while, but then a random stranger offered to let me use her nice full keyboard with pedals.  It was so so kind of her!  And so that's what we used for the first couple of months we lived in our new house.  I wanted to buy another old upright piano (because I LOVE them) off of KSL, but I also wanted something that I knew would be good and last.  Eventually we ended up looking at pianos at Brigham Larson Piano in Orem where he does a lot of restoration work on pianos.  After looking, Leo and I decided to just buy one from there because we knew it would last for thirty more years, as long as we needed one, and because they were gorgeous!!!

Leo and I both really loved an old upright grand we saw in one of the back storage rooms. And so we bought it, and had it refinished how we wanted, and it's beautiful, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

It was cool too, because they sent us pictures of the process as they worked on it. And now we have a piano that I'll keep until I die.





No comments: