Tuesday 7 April 2020

Flooded again.

Our house flooded again towards the end of February.  Thus ended normalcy. 
Leo and I were in Utah buying furniture for our room off of KSL.  So Isabel saved the day when I told her where to turn the water off.  These were the books I ended up throwing away because the pages were melded together, they were right by where the water was squirting out.




 So we went back to trying to dry out all the carpets.  The guys who relaid the carpets said that if it happened again we would have to replace all the carpet.  Sigh.  Meanwhile there was a leak from the main floor toilet that required another ceiling repair in the food storage room.  So grand total 5 major leaks and two floods in two months.  It was a pretty rough couple of months.

Me trying to salvage my other books.  Luckily they are usable albeit awful looking.

Thankfully my embroidery program dongle was fine despite all the packaging being wet.



So sad my Ragged Victorians calendar was pretty much ruined.


And this is me trying to make sure all my sewing machines still worked after the first flood.  I had never put them back yet, so they weren't reflooded.  Just the blue one had a bit of rust on the bobbin case.  So phew!  Not too much damage there.  Anyway, toward the middle of March everything finally got fixed and painted and walls and ceilings repaired and I had everything put away again, except my sewing room.
  
It still looked like this, only worse because one picture doesn't really capture the piles on the floor, etc.

And then miraculously I finally had it all cleaned up and put away!!!  It took forever and a pandemic. But it was done.  Yay!


This is my WIP (Work in progress) closet.  Each bin has a different project at some stage of development.  Scary, eh?





No comments: