Tuesday 7 April 2020

An Intermission from Craziness

Towards the middle of February our house was finally fixed up from being flooded, and I had everything back together.  YAY!  And Derek, my brother, and his family came and stayed over one night and we had lots of Tillamook Ice Cream and Italian Cream Sodas.  


My sister Andrea sent me beautiful flowers to cheer me up after our house flooded.  I loved them, and they definitely did cheer me up.

And then Ana sent Elena, Isabel and me flowers for Valentine's Day!!!  So sweet!!!!

We bought Twister.




 We went to a Chinese Acrobat show.  Apparently it was riveting because Jubal and the girl sitting behind him both fell asleep.  😆 Actually, the kids loved it!




I had mopped the living room floor 3 times in January one day trying to get this icky white scummy stuff off of it.  I think whoever the guy flipping our house hired to clean used the wrong type of cleaner.  Anyway, I did a lot of research on what to use to clean it (some swore by vinegar, some swore it wreck hardwood, etc. and then I asked the hive mind of my friends on Facebook.)  And so I tried the two cleaners I was recommended by them--Bona and Murphy's Soap Oil, and they did nothing.  SO after more internet research, I spent an entire day scrubbing the floor down with mineral spirits and hot water, petrified the whole time that I was wrecking my floor, and it looked like it too.  But then after that, I used Murphy's Soap Oil and it looked like new!!!  YAY!!!!  And now when I want to mop them quickly, I use Bona.  More in depth scrubbing, I use Murphy's.










I love/hate these floors.  They're gorgeous!  But they show EVERY speck of dirt and dust.


I managed to see Elena swim at least once despite night shift.  She's so fun to watch!


And I painted some frames for the girls' room.

Sebastian got his terrarium all put together.


And Isabel dressed up as Betsy Ross for the 5th grade Wax Museum.  She looked fabulous!!  And Efraim was so excited to see her. It was adorable.


No comments: