Wednesday 3 July 2019

Some Art Labs



We have been doing some art labs, and we did some math and geology ones too that I didn't document.  Anyway, I wish I could manage to do one every day, but even one a week seems hard to fit in. This lab was cool, but I realized part way through that the paint is not washable and Jubal had it all over his clothes. My blood pressure went up significantly then.  Anyway, the kids did cool pictures.  We waterpainted the background then made our own stamps that we block printed.


Sebastian was frustrated because he is so detailed and this really wasn't the right materials to be meticulous with.  And sorry my lens on my camera was dirty.  Dang it. 


Then we did collages using maps as texture.  Gracias to Bear River State Park for all their handy free maps.  Sebastian was also upset during this one, I had to clean up--other things going on that day and he was not done.  But the volcano is his. 





I think Lando was inspired by Elena who in turn was inspired by our WY maps we were using.  And this was mine.  It was fun.

No comments: