Tuesday 16 July 2019

Flamingo Party at Bear Lak

Isabel had her 11th birthday party at Bear Lake.  She asked for a boating beach party for over a year.  I convinced her with a 9 foot flamingo to have it flamingo themed despite her not liking pink (too girly) or flamingos (too babyish). Sigh.  But I hope she had a great time.  Everybody loved it!  We had delicious Cafe Rio knock off food and a few people thought I was crazy to bring up all this but I think it was worth it.  :)  









Mom's first time paddle boarding.

Isabel's friends Blyss and Sami came.

I took Russ and Efraim out on a kayak with Clover holding onto a nylon strap and dragging behind on her unicorn tube.  By the time I came in Russ was asleep and Clover fell asleep on the beach where she washed up.  When Andrea lifted her up she was still clutching the strap!  Hee Hee.



Megan's first time paddle boarding.





And despite no pictures, (she got kidnapped on another friend's boat) Ana was there!!! She flew up to visit for a couple of days and I felt so bad because I was crazy getting ready for the party and trying to make decisions for our house.  So much to do, so she went on a walk with the kids and went swimming with them and just kind of hung around the house most of the time.  But then Leo and her and a few kids went up to help Megan and Jared build an outhouse and camped overnight.  I went up to switch cars and missed the delicious dutch oven dinner Megan made.  Sob.  But I had to come back to get things ready for the party the next day.  Good times!

1 comment:

Kayli said...

That was the awesomest party with the most amazing cake ever and I wish I had been there!