Wednesday 24 April 2019

Spring Break Museum Trip Part 1


We were hoping for a lovely spring break, but this was on our drive in to Ogden and then the whole day practically in SLC it was rainy and cold.  So not cool for our picnic.  Anyway, for spring break we weren't planning on going anywhere super exciting but I wanted to do at least one thing fun with the kids so we met up with Grandma and drove to Salt Lake and went to the Natural History Museum.  The kids had a great time and I hope we didn't drive Mom too batty.

They had cool things like smelling the decay of a rotting dinosaur--that's what Mom is smelling. It was gross.

At the pretend archaeology dig--it was cool, you could use a tablet to hold up and see the site as it was when in use.

Overall everything went peachy--I only had to chase down Jubal every 10 minutes of so.  That kid.  But he wasn't being crazy running around or anything, he just was looking at everything and went faster than us.  It was crazy busy though which was stressful, I knew it would be a lot of kids' spring break but I didn't expect school field trip groups as well.


Textiles and clothing--my favorite.


This was Sebastian's favorite wall.  He was so excited to see the live tarantula and snakes and things.  I think he liked it the best of anyone.
  
Having sewn and made the things that I have made it sure gives me appreciation for stuff like this.  I saw this cradle board--and oh my word, the HOURS that went in to that, it's simply incredible. So beautiful.

Human things are so much more interesting than dinosaur bones (at least to me).  Anyway, we all had a good time and then ate our picnic in our van.

No comments: