Tuesday 5 March 2019

Roots Tech and the Storytelling Festival


My dad won an award for helping with the Storytelling Festival for 17 years. It was a pretty big deal and we got to go to the banquet where they awarded it at the Timbermine.  I'm glad I could be there.


1. We skipped school on Monday and went to the Storytelling Festival at Weber State because it would be the last year that my dad will be emceeing for some of the events. We met up with a few of my aunts and uncles there as well.  The kids really enjoyed it.  Then we ran some errands, had lunch at Sam's Club, and went to the Layton Hills Mall to return some stuff and played at the play place.  They also went up and down the escalator a dozen times.  And then we went and had our van washed.  Doesn't sound too exciting, but the kids said it was the "best day ever!"  It was a good day and it was fun to spend time with all the kids.  A storyteller let Nicolas play his banjo since I told Nicolas once that he was going to learn that instrument (just randomly) and he took it to heart.  



At the play place.
2. The kids had crazy hair day while I was gone and Isabel came to the rescue and colored their hair with sidewalk chalk.  Nicolas has the bright green hair.  And he's learning to spell!




















3.  I was able to attend RootsTech!!!  Yay!!!  I loved it and it was so nice to just have a time to breathe and think and research without kids yelling at me the whole time.  As you can see I was related to over half of the attendees.  Ha. Ha.  That Mountain West Mormon Pioneers really comes into play there. I went Wednesday-Saturday and Leo was kind enough to take care of the kids (I had made enough dinners for all the nights beforehand) and we hired a lady in our ward to watch the kids during the day. I also saw my friend Kate there.  That was fun.















4. Sad.  The class on Latin American resources online only had two listed.  (In contrast Argentina had two pages.)

5. I saw Martin Luther King III speak.  That was cool.

6. Even cooler I saw my niece, Katelyn, on Temple Square.

7.  Too much?  Hee. Hee.














































8. I won a shirt on my second toss.  The first toss went in too.

9.  Tempted to buy these (merging of my two hobbies) but I didn't.  I did buy a family genealogy game and YDNA test.



This is what RootTech looks like.

10. On Sunday after church we crashed Grandma's house and had fun playing a UFO game with them and Journee brushed Efraim's hair for him.

2 comments:

The Haws Family said...

I need more pictures of Efraim, stat! He looks WAY different and older in those pictures!Glad you had fun at Rootstech!

Kayli said...

By the way, I don't think I told you how freaking hilarious that "does as she pleases" thing is. If that is real it is my favorite thing ever, and that person is my hero.

Your kids are super adorable as always. :)