Sunday 13 January 2019

New goal


1. I was going to try writing seven things down each week on my blog instead of just posting the pictures I've taken in big huge dumps of photos.  I like the journalling and I keep a better record that way.

2.  This week Isabel started gymnastics, Lando and Sebastian started Taekwondo, and we tried having  Jubal go to Taekwondo too.  That was hilarious to watch but I signed him up for swim lessons twice a week instead.  Elena is going to do voice lessons in a class.  That was their Christmas gifts from me and Leo.

3.  Way back in the beginning of January--I finished (almost) sewing Jubal and Sebastian some cloaks.  All my kids have been wanting new ones since I made some for Andrea's kids 2 or 3 years ago and I found a bunch of fabric at Savers this fall and thus I decided to make them.  Apparently they're good for fighting.


4.  Leo and I went to the temple and did sealings on Friday, I really love how they changed the wording in the sealing.  Not that I had an issue with how it was before, it's just better now. One sealer was there with another trying to practice in English (he was from Mexico and been in a temple presidency down there) and anyway, since we had Spanish names and Leo spoke Spanish he did ours in Spanish.  He was visibly relieved to have a break from English.  It was nice.

5.  After the temple Leo and I went with Andrea and Tim to an escape room.  And we FAILED!!! So sad.  Leo was really tired though and not contributing much.  We were so close too--I was working on the last puzzle when our time ran out.  I almost had it!!!  

6. On Saturday, I took Elena to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.   We waited for two hours to get in.  I read all my class lessons for Come Follow Me, and my scriptures, and tried to contact FamilySearch.  Elena read the New Era.  We met a family walking in, the Wilsons from Kaysville, and it was the first time going for their daughter and so we followed them and ended up doing baptisms and confirmations with them.  They did some of my names for us, since the temple was so crowded we were only allowed to do two (and then three by the time we got in) names each instead of the usual five.  After Elena and I went to Farr's for an ice-cream cone and I got her some desperately needed new pants at the Children's Place.  It was a great day with Elena!!


7.  Leo took the kids sledding once I got home with Elena.  They were so cold by the time they got home!  It was a chilly day. No concussions this time though, thankfully.

8.  I finished contacting FamilySearch while they were gone and started binding Jubal's quilt which I finished that night.  Only two years after his brothers' were finished--that's not so bad right?



9. And some Sunday selfies because I like my hair and makeup.  

10. OH, and I almost completely forgot my two awesome pieces of news for the week!!!  I was able to volunteer to Roots Tech so now I can go to the rest of it for free!!! YAY!!!!



11.  (It deserves its own number.)  MY COSTUMES WERE PUBLISHED!!!!!!!!  It was because I won a scholarship to go to Costume College so my costumes were published in Squeals, the Costumer's Guild West newsletter.  So super exciting to me!!!  

No comments: