Sunday 4 November 2018

Yummy Peruvian Food and Qorikancha


I wanted to buy this skirt except then I found out it cost over $1000 so I just took a picture and I'm going to try to recreate it.  Someday.

I was trying to take a picture of how narrow the streets were. It was crazy.

One of the nicer restaurants we tried was called Ceviche Seafood Kitchen.  I had ceviche.  It was delicious.  Yum.






The famous 12 sided stone.

I loved the streets so yes more street pictures.

More Inka foundations.

Qorikancha and the Church of Santo Domingo was a really fascinating museum/church.  So Qorikancha was the main temple to the sun in Inka times for the whole Inka empire.  And the Spanish left the foundation but built the Church of Santo Domingo over top of it.  In fact they covered many of the Inka walls but in the 1950's there was a huge earthquake and much of the Spanish walls crumbled but the Inka structures were completely intact.  Here's a great link explaining it: Qorikancha

I loved the Spanish architecture though.

And this is an extremely famous depiction of the temple rites and beliefs.  So I found this fascinating and hence the 800 billion photos below with all the various interpretations.

Qorikancha in Inkan times.

And Qorikancha now.


I watched a class on the Great Courses about Peru, and mummies and head hunting played a pivotal role in much of the cultures (Pre-Incan cultures too).











The best restaurant we ate at was Uchu Peruvian Steakhouse.  It was amazing.


This is literally the best smoothie I've ever drank in my life.  It was so good, and I'm not even that much of a fan of smoothies.  Mango and passionfruit and yogurt.  So good.

More delicious ceviche.

I had an alpaca steak and Leo had a sampler platter, alpaca, pork and steak.  Alpaca was not like chicken although it was a white meat.  It definitely had it's own unique flavor.  Good, but I would take a beef steak over it any day.  It was cooked perfectly though.

No comments: