Sunday 11 November 2018

Villeta, Colombia


After a week and 2 days in Cusco, we headed to Bogotá.  We stayed two nights at an airport hotel in Bogotá, but the rest of the time we stayed in Villeta--kind of a resort town for the wealthy in Bogotá.  And we did stay at a resort--for about the same cost as a Hampton Inn in the US. They met us with cocktails at the door and were super accommodating.  This was the view from the back.  They were so surprised that we left early and came back so late every day, they even offered to let us stay another night free so we could fully experience their resort.  But we had to fly home, so we couldn't.  Really why we chose Villeta and that resort was because it was close to all the towns where we wanted to search the parish records.

Mango tree of the patio.

I loved that view.

Leo and I did go swimming one night and hang out in the jacuzzi.  That was delightful.

Sweet outdoor kitchen.

The sitting room inside.

And the inside dining area.

Our bedroom. I'm kind of sad we never set up our hammock.

This is out of order but when we arrived in Bogotá we went straight to our favorite restaurant, Crepes and Waffles for some ice cream.  There's one at the airport that's open 24/7.  Yum.  Mine was a chocolate hazelnut ice cream in a chocolate cup.  It was divine.  We ate there again at a another location on a different day too.  I pointed out every one I saw but Leo seemed to think only twice was enough.  Ruff.

Also our very last night in Bogotá we ate at El Corral Gourmet--which is a burger place, but it was really late (10:30 PM)  and we hadn't eat since 7 that morning, and it was one of the few places open and they had steak which is what Leo wanted.  It was the best steak of our whole trip and my burger--called the Filet Mignon burger was literally the best burger I've ever eaten in my life.  So, so good.

Mangos.  Yummy.  These fruit trees were all in the back of the resort--they said if we saw any ripe we could pick it and eat it.  Leo found a passion fruit and they whisked it away from him and brought it back all cut up.  The main manager literally told us that they wanted us to feel pampered.  It was kind of weird actually and Leo and I both are definitely not used to being treated like that.  I did get an hour massage which was nice because driving around on crazy roads all day gave me a headache and my shoulders were super tight.  The massuese kept commenting to Leo about how tense I was.  The massage was okay but she could have done it ten times harder with how knotted my muscles were. (Full disclosure--I've only had one other hour massage like that and my friend Alisha, who I paid to give it to me really rubbed hard and now with my grand expertise of two massages, I know I like it much harder rather than softer.)  But she did that whole warm stone thing and that actually was the best part.

A new section of Bogotá.

Coconuts.

Bananas.





Ate all our meals here.  That's fresh pineapple and freshly squeezed orange juice that they served before they brought out my omelet for breakfast.  It was delicious.


Ahh, dinner at Crepes and Waffles, it was delicious.

Okay, random, but Colombia is obsessed with beauty. It has the highest amount of plastic surgery in the world. I always feel so underdressed in Bogota. So men's shapewear makes sense, but man, it's weird to see.
















1 comment:

Kayli said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! I wish I had been there with you! It looks amazing!