Monday 28 May 2018

The Lantern Festival



It was AMAZING!!  The pictures really don't do it justice.  I recommend it to everyone if you buy early-bird tickets like us so it's not so expensive.  Also, if you're taking tons of little kids, take in extra marshmallows, they really didn't check our bags.  And don't order extra lanterns--I did thinking my kids would fight over drawing on them, but they take so long to light, we didn't even enjoy the lanterns as much as we could have because we're trying to light 6!  All my kids were whiney and grouchy before lighting the lanterns (the result of two nights in a row up way late) but as soon as they saw the lanterns they were on high for the rest of the night!  They were mesmerized and stayed happy on the long walk back to the van and all the way back to the hotel.  Also yes, Jubal wet his pants, he's regressed a lot with potty training these last couple of weeks, but he just stripped, wrapped himself in a blanket and never complained at all!  Sometimes I wish all my kids were like Jubal--but then, I think about it a bit more and realize that would be a very bad idea.  I forgot to mention in my las post about swimming that he just ran and jumped in and I had to fish him out as he sunk to the bottom.  Sigh.  Anyway, the Lantern Festival was fabulous.  What a great end to the school year.







No comments: