Saturday 22 April 2017

Cupcakes for 4H



These pictures are in backwards order, but oh well.  This last week has been spring break for the kids, but with Leo working the whole time, we didn't really do anything exciting.  One day the Powells came over and played all afternoon while Jessica and I did some planning for Webelos.  And another afternoon I took them to the county museum, which they really enjoyed--mostly playing house in the sheep wagon outside.  The weather's been pretty nasty (it snowed off and on on Friday,) so outdoor activities have been curtailed.  But one day I helped Elena make a huge batch of banana muffins, which ended with the batter spilled all over the floor when Ana and Sebastian were bugging Elena by picking in, and Elena was trying to keep the bowl away from them.  Luckily most of it was rescued.  And I also helped Isabel make cupcakes that day so she could practice cake decorating.  She's supposed to be doing that for her project for 4H.  Only there's no leader for that project, so we just watched some youtube videos.  Ana's been recovering from a concussion that she got at her last soccer game.  She missed the next soccer game when we went to Utah--she couldn't have played anyway, and Saturday she has another game that she won't be able to play in either.  And Sebas lost his two front teeth.  And that's all our news.  Only I'm still terribly torn about what to do with Frodo.  While Leo was gone to San Francisco I was done and told him we were taking him to the pound.  I even posted on Facebook asking if anyone wanted him. But then he was really pretty good on our trip to Utah.  I keep going back and forth even from one moment to the next.  I SOOO wish he wasn't so aggressive/sensitive, then I wouldn't worry about keeping him at all. I'm just scared he'll bite someone someday.  And also Leo and I have differing opinions about where he should be allowed in the house.  How ironic that we used to argue about having a dog when we were first married and our opinions have COMPLETELY reversed since then.  I feel bad for him all lonely downstairs by himself--if I let him upstairs during the day, he just lays at my feet while I nurse the baby.  Ahhh---I hate decisions like this.

No comments: