Thursday 3 November 2011

Religious Art


I've never been a huge fan of religious art. Not at all. But all that changed today at the BYU bookstore when I came across these by J. Kirk Richards. I would hang these in my house any day. Seriously, if I had an extra hundred bucks lying around I'd be so tempted to buy the one above. I like his work that much.


Well, maybe not. It is a bit depressing-the one above though is not at all depressing.

And this one, well, I like it too. So go see his website and look at Narratives of Christ and they'll be one called The Holy Family, that's actually the one I would buy, out of the ones at the bookstore anyway. And look at the In the House of Caiaphas. I love it. Really. It reminds me of Picasso's Guernica but with the gospel. Fascinating. I don't think it will make it to a Relief Society room though. Hee. Hee.
Click HERE

No comments: