Tuesday 5 July 2011

The 4th of July!

Cooling off on the 4th of July--So this post is incredibly long--but I don't have the time or patience to break it up today. Lo siento, pero necisito practicar español. And my camera just broke, it won't take pictures using the flash, which seriously limits my picture taking.
Cassidy had a fabulous Tangled birthday party. But she was nice enough to sing Happy Birthday to Isabel too.
Isabel blowing out her birthday candles.
Ana and Danica took care of "Maximus" who gave horse rides to all the little kids.
Elena getting ready to hit the piñata.
Ana had to help Isabel to hit it.
After Cassidy's party, we headed to Grandpa and Grandma's for irrigation fun! Yes, that really is a highlight of our 4th of July weekend.
Leo splashing all the little kids.
Sebastian loved it.
Ana proved to be a valuable frisbee player (originally they started out playing soccer.)
Jack-Jack
This is a game called, "Squish Casssidy."
Where the horses roll for a dust bath it makes a nice sand box too.
Dust bath anyone?
The hazards of playing Ultimate Frisbee in a pasture.
Myles putting on the moves.
Leo disgusted that I'm taking his picture. But I can't help it, I mean he has his shirt off, it's amazing I didn't take 30 pictures. Hee. Hee.
Nice place to chill.
Our neighbors.
Ultimate frisbee in the pasture--so popular they played it on Saturday and Monday. We also went to the Hyrum parade on Monday, which I liked better than Provo's because they hand out candy.
Isabel was super excited to open her presents--a Tinkerbell nightgown and a Princess nightgown. She loves them!
The sad cake I made her on the spur of the moment at Grandma's. A little kid managed to grab a handful before I snapped a picture.
Isabel liked it though.
Elena being silly.
We did fireworks on Sunday night--thanks Lindsay and Sterling!
Elena enjoyed it, but Isabel hid her head the entire time.
I love kids and sparklers. So fun.
Sebastian playing in all the spent matches.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, and as a side note, I finished project #10. Nothing exciting, just new bibs. I hate store bought bibs, they're too little and thin. It's easy enough to make your own with terry cloth and bias tape. So I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good you posted! I didn;t get any pics. And - everyone loved the cake and it tasted yummy! Cute bibs. I like the two colors and looking like they are outlined.
Mom