Tuesday 3 May 2011

Wedding Stuff a little late.

This was my favorite photo from the royal wedding day. No, I didn't watch it, although I saw plenty about it on the news at the dentist's office. Yes, I know, no picture of the couple there, but I love all the bright red uniforms and flags.
But I do have to say I loved her wedding gown. Beautiful.

A lot of people were commenting that it looks a lot like Grace Kelly's. I can see that. Maybe that's why I liked it so much. I love Grace Kelly's dress too.
But then I love all 1950's, early 1960's clothes. Yeah. I would have worn this dress in a heartbeat. With the hat of course.
I would have worn this dress too--gorgeous! I only put up this one up though, to point out that a lot more dresses have long sleeves now. A couple of years ago, long sleeves were impossible to find. I know, I looked.

I had my dress altered completely to change the short sleeves and sweetheart neckline to a 1950ish 3/4 length sleeve and boat neckline. Yes, my mother did think I was crazy.
A picture of the short train.

And with those last two photos, you can see on the skirt that the entire thing was covered in lace. Well, sort of. The seamstress that altered the top salvaged pieces of lace and then arranged them as best she could over the new bodice and hand sewed them on. It doesn't look all that great close up with bright lighting, but just walking by and in pictures, it looked fabulous!

But I LOVED my wedding dress. And I still think it was just as beautiful as Kate's. :)
Yes. I am pathetic.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Don't say you're pathetic! What's pathetic about liking your wedding dress?

I love the picture of you next to the wall. Gorgeous.

Lynn said...

Beautiful dress!!! (Yours that is)