Friday 27 May 2011

Elena's First and Last Dance Recital

Elena had her first dance recital tonight from her Fairy Tale Ballet class. Each week they read a fairy tale, dressed up like the princess, and then learned ballet.

Elena had a love-hate relationship with the class.

She loved to go when she actually wasn't going but when it came time to go, she wasn't nearly as enthused as during the rest of the week.
And then she'd tell me, "That's too long of a time to dance." It was an hour class.

She is on the back row, second girl from the left in this video. As you can see, she didn't have a lot of it down. But she was very excited to be in the recital. No stage fright. Typical Elena, fairly serious about the whole thing.
Take a bow, Elena, because that will be your last dance recital too. It's simply too much work for Mama--I don't think I can handle being a dance-mom. With all the extra practices before the recital and trying to put on mascara on a four year old. Nope, not for me. I know!!! My kids can be artists and just stay in their rooms working quietly. I can certainly manage trips to an art supply store for them. It's brilliant! Heck we could have a whole studio to work in, and I wouldn't care if they got paint on the floor. So much easier than dance competitions (yes, Ana will be in Ballroom this next year) and dance recitals and performances. Art, YES!!! Why didn't I think of it before??!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!!!I like her love for the music.