Thursday 7 April 2011

Nomad Life

This post is completely useless. I just don't want to go do the dishes. I freely admit that, so instead I'm here, wasting my time and possibly yours as well. But here's my random thought for the day: The best way to illustrate my parents' nomadic lifestyle is this.
Two of my sisters were Layton High Lancers.
One brother was a Box Elder Bee.
One sister was an Ogden Tiger.

A sister and a brother were both Mountain Crest Mustangs.

And another brother was a Bonneville Laker. I also was a Laker (but for only one year) at Des Lacs Burlington High School.
When I googled for that logo, I found this picture from the 80's (it was the graduating class that year)--but I had my English class and psychology class in that room. The rainbow was left over from the 1960's when they used to have a Kindergarten class there, back when the school had all K-12.
This a picture from the main street of Des Lacs. The high school is right beside that tractor and then there's a dairy on the other side of the high school. It was actually two towns which attended at the school, and we had a grand total of 300 or so students when I attended--7th through 12th grade. I hated that place. But the countryside is pretty.
Not during the winter though.Luckily, I graduated a Minot Magician! Go Magicians!!! Sweet--best school ever!
Oh, and one of sisters was a Campbell County Camel for a bit--she graduated a Lancer though. That's for the best I'm sure, because when I googled this image, Stop using Meth and Tobacco advertisements also came up. (Frankly, what do they expect--their mascot looks like Joe Camel.)

And then of course there was the one sister who never graduated at all....Hee. Hee. Just kidding Kayli.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

HA ha ha!!!! I totally was thinking, how come she didn't say TWO of us graduated Minot magicians?!?!
But you're right, I suppose I didn't actually graduate a magician.

But I did graduate. Just from the State of North Dakota or something like that. So, no mascot I guess. How sad for me.