Wednesday 13 April 2011

Done!

I am finished!!!!! I am finished projects 1, 2, and 3 now I only have projects 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 to go (which are started) those don't include other ones of course that are just sitting one my sewing desk forlornly.
I made these cute, retro 70's pinafore dresses for my sewing class and for my sister Andrea's kids' Easter dresses. She picked out all the material and the basic idea for the pattern. Those are matching flowers I clipped onto the pockets, not part of the dress, by the way.

This is Miriam's dress.
And I used this pajama pattern ( Simpicity 9095) from my Mom's collection for the basics of it.
This is Emeline's dress.
And this lovely Butterick 5157 pattern that I picked up from Ebay is the one pattern that I actually completely followed and based all the other dresses off of. I was surprised that I can actually still do enough math to figure out all those proportions and ratios. (Thanks, Mom! I remember you teaching my how to do those.)

And this was Harriet's.
Andrea gave me this pattern, Simplicity 5279, not intending it should be used for this. But it did give me the rough draft as to sizing for infants. I was almost cursing today, as I finished the little diaper cover and realized that it actually wasn't a diaper cover--I didn't look that close, but if you do, you might notice on the pattern that it's actually pants underneath those sundresses. So, as I was out of lace, that now diaper cover, is rather interesting looking.

I'm glad to be done, and Andrea, I hope you like them! Only 457 projects more to go.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Super Cute! As soon as you said the 70's, I knew you were making them for Andrea. Perfect!

Our children are the future said...

My mom and your mom should get together, she had the exact same book!!! and she made me lots of stuff. By the way, just watching what you are doing, makes me want to learn it too. They look awesome and home made!!!! which I think is more special!!!

Kayli said...

AWESOME! Great job Kami Sue Sue! You displayed them very cutely, too.
Andrea better get some good pictures of her girls in them.

Anonymous said...

Kami---- great job!!!!! They turned out way cute!
You and your numberless projects---hahahaha!!
You are doing so so good. Mom

Andrea said...

They are even MORE AWESOME in real life!!!!! I can't wait for Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!