Thursday 11 April 2024

Prepping for Move

The ward had a going away party for my kids and the Grant kids (Erin was my bestest friend in the ward and I was kind of glad I was moving away since she was leaving) Anyway, it was super sweet because they bought them all Kansas shirts.  
My coworkers brought in a cake too.  I really enjoyed working at Wesley Hospital.  It was actually one of my favorite places I've ever worked.
Youth temple trip to Oklahoma.
Me trying to decide what clothes to bring to Colombia.  I have to say, most of my choices were good.  A few not so good.

I bought three of these containers and two huge suitcases to take our kitchen stuff, computer, etc to Colombia. 
I also bought camping cots for the kids' beds on Amazon Prime day.  I really think it was a divine impression to get cots.  I'm so grateful for that.  


At the Dallas airport.
I got one of my favorite lunches that I only ever get at restaurants.  So yummy.


Also, truth.
Leo and I flew down to Bogota and spent two days looking for an apartment.  
I liked my window seat on the way home.


I think that's the Magdalena River by the way.
Guanabanas!
Crepes and Waffles.  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


I think we blessed with a miracle when it came to our apartment too.  I found it on Facebook and was able to set up a last minute appointment to see it.  It was almost double the size of our next top choice and it is more of a townhouse, not an apartment in a huge high rise.  The kitchen is amazing and it just feels more like a home than the our second choice would have been.  I think it's pretty too.  
A grill on a bike for arepas on the go. 
Awww, Aragorn. 
The cats did this ALL. THE. TIME.  It was pretty creepy and hilarious.  

Veggies from our garden.
Sooo, sooo crazy busy!!!
Oh, for July 4th, our friends, the Fawsons, thought we (Leo and I) wouldn't be home so they invited the kids to a party at their house.  We were home (just that one day) so we crashed it too.  The kids had a blast swimming in their pool and then the kids watched fireworks that our neighbors set off in our cul-de-sac. It was a very low key holiday, yet I literally felt antsy because I had so much to do and couldn't really relax. 
At our second choice apartment.
Just for fun.

And I got a job for while I was in Colombia.  I've never actually had someone want records looked up, but hey, at least I can say I've had a job in genealogy.  (Sort of).



No comments: