Monday 15 January 2024

Doctoring Smaug

 When we came home from our month long trip to Utah, Smaug had an abscess on his leg.  I took him to a vet that specialized in weird creatures (I'm sure that's the technical term), and Smaug ended up with surgery and I spent more on a pet than I ever thought I would.  As I told my husband, who protested, it was really spending it on Sebastian.  Anyway, at least the vet made me feel happy that we were taking good care of Smaug, he said he was the perfect weight and looked very healthy besides the abscess.  So I ended up giving a lizard a shot of antibiotics every day for 10 days and doing wound care.  That's something I never thought I'd be doing on a lizard.  Life is weird.  At least the drugs kind of mellowed Smaug out at first so he didn't protest too much. 


No comments: