Wednesday 25 January 2023

Idaho and the Barneys are AWESOME!


Towards the middle of June, we went to the Barney's property up in Idaho to help install a zipline.  Well, Leo helped with the zipline, and I helped plant some flowers and help place things artistically. And Ana came!!!  Yay!!!  Then after spending a day hard at work, we spent much more time playing!   
Ana looks like a pro.
Lynnaea napping on the job.    
Leo took me on a little ride.   I think this is the time that one of my kids (cough*Isabel*cough) accidentally put Jared and Megan's side by side in neutral and it rolled down the hill behind us.  Not cool.  It gave me a bit of a heart attack.

 




I think I made poutine one meal for everyone.  I wish I remembered what was in the dutch oven that we were singing happy birthday to Chad over, but I no longer remember.  

So the next day we went boating and it was beautiful at Bear Lake, like usual.  I love it there so much!!  

I was so proud of myself because I managed to salom ski!!!!  I literally had not done that since I was 13.  It hurt my back and made me realize how old I am.  BUT I DID IT!!!  So yes, it warrants two pictures.




AND Elena got up on skis for the first time ever!!! Woot!! Woot!!!


Then on a different day, we went to Lava Hot Springs.  It was so much fun!!!  Seriously, I don't know if it's just not having itty bitty babies to take care of or what, but it was a blast.  Plus, it was crazy the difference between these hot springs and the one in Ouray, Colorado.  In Colorado, they were like, "Any kid under the age of 8 has to be in arms length of an adult." And then they wouldn't even let most of the kids do any of the fun stuff.  In Idaho, I didn't even see any of my kids except Efraim for hours (they were with cousins).  First, we tubed down the river.  It was overcast and chilly with a little bit of rain, so all my kids were a bit too cold to enjoy it much, but I loved it. Super fun. Then we  went to the pool with waterslides.  Sebastian went down the one slide and Megan said he practically didn't even touch the slide, it was like lift off--he's so light! And the high jump at this place is 30 feet up.  Devaney went off it and I think she's in the one video.  And I think it's Sebastian's jumping in the other video off the lowest platform, but honestly, I'm not sure.  None of my kids went highest one though.  Anyway, it was so much fun at that pool with the slides and high jumps and the climbing walls.  And then we went to the actual fancy hot springs and they were way chill there too about the kids playing in them. The hottest hot spring was super hot, none of us could handle it, although I think Isabel, Devaney, and Sebastian managed for a little bit.  And there was this cool garden that we hiked through with a cave.  

No comments: