Saturday 26 September 2020

Hiking at McKonkie Ranch

 


So the cone collapsed under the RV which caused one of the jacks to break that was supporting the RV to break so we spent one day driving to Vernal where Leo bought tools and supplies to fix it.  I bought shoes for Efraim at Ross Dress for Less because sometime during the few days camping we lost Efraim's shoes.  (Those shoes have since been lost. Sigh.)  Oh, and I think I failed to mention that also on this camping trip, Nicolas forgot to pack ANY shirts at all.  And I had checked to see that there was bedding in the RV, and didn't bring any sleeping bags except one for Ana who was on a fold out couch bed.  ONLY there was a fitted sheet on each bed and nothing else, so we slept with towels the whole week, and it was really cold the first night.  Yeah, it was a crazy camping trip.  I also made a detour to Joanns (next to Ross) that was fun.  Hee. Hee.  And then since we were down there I dragged everyone to McKonkie Ranch, where I had wanted to go hiking forever.  I LOVED it.  No one else did, it was much much hotter than we were used to.  I missed seeing the above pictographs and realized I it when we were talking to Mrs. McKonkie (a very old woman whom I was worried would pass out in the heat) and so I RAN a mile to the end of the trail and back while everyone else waited for me.  So worth it.  :)   But I was sad because did I mention I killed my nice expensive camera while we were river rafting despite the dry sack I bought? and so I couldn't take really good pictures with good zoom.  Drats, I guess I'll have to go back!  Also, we had just finished listening to the Arithmatist by Brandon Sanderson  on the drive down, so I thought this hike was very apropos.




























No comments: