Tuesday 25 June 2013

SNEAK PEEK!!!!

  
Here is the exciting sneak peek of the dresses I've sewn for my daughters and I for our family pictures this summer.  I have all put mine done now.  




This is Butterick 9911, and it was supposed to be Elena's dress.  However, I totally goofed the fitting of Isabel's dress, but it was a happy mistake because luckily, it fit Elena perfectly.  This led to a bit of drama, as Isabel sobbed for 30 minutes while clutching the other dress to her and wailing, "I wish Elena was never in our family!!!"  It took her a while to warm up to this dress.  Anyway, I am pretty happy with how it turned out especially since it was a size 7 pattern (for Elena, remember?) and I GRADED the pattern down to a size 4.  It was not a simple bodice to grade either.  Seriously, look at those pleats. I had never graded anything before, but it worked!   We will be off on vacation and so you may not here from me in a while.  Hopefully, we get some great family pictures while we're gone.  And that is all, ta ta.

2 comments:

The Haws Family said...

LOVE!!!!! (did those names all match up in the last paragraph?) Sometimes I wish I was as talented as you, and then I realize all the work that goes into it, and I'm glad I don't have to do it. Haha. So excited to see you!

Kayli said...

It's GORGEOUS and she is ADORABLE!!!!